by gillian claire: favorite posts of 2014.

SOCIAL MEDIA

1.05.2015

favorite posts of 2014.

IMG_1547-2( from a self-portrait project i for class last semester )
.
I thought I would start posting here again once the new year started and here I am moseying into it. Blogging and photography wise, I feel like I made strides this year... at a snails pace, but still, strides. I turned down photography clients and instead kept picking away at my art degree. That was a great decision for me because it helped me to focus more on the fine art end of things instead of the wedding/portrait photography business side to photography which has always left me feeling a little stale. I've never taken a photography class in college and it was very eye opening for me to have other people discuss my photography and see what my "style" looks like from the outside.
.
Blogging wise, I was thrilled to partner with some awesome brands as well as make a little money here and there which has been a huge goal for me, so that was fun. I still feel completely wishy/washy about what I want from blogging/photography and heck whether I want anything at all. Am I the only one who does this? I'm here and there in my mind about everything, all of the time.
.
It's crazy how fast a year goes by and I spent a little time today browsing my own blog and remembering and re-remembering things and moments that have gone by quickly, yet slowly, and have somehow collaborated together to make up a whole year; 2014.

I put together a list of some of my favorite posts from the year. The posts I chose are based more on writing than photography. Maybe I'll compile some favorite photos as well because heck, what are things like New Years for other than a chance to make those fun posts of favorite things? I feel like I don't actually write enough anymore and I think it's because it's been too hard for me to formulate ideas and put them down during a very stressful year. Most of the posts in this list stemmed from The Mommy Blogger Collective that I participated in during 2014. I'm very thankful for that opportunity because it did push me to sort out and express my feelings, if only here and there, during an otherwise jumbled-thinking kind of year.
.
Going forward this year, I'm not sure what my plan is. I'll daydream in ultra-organizational-mode about to-do lists and calendars. I'll plan for posting more and a new blog design and somehow organizing all of my artistic thoughts and feelings, putting them into place and figuring out what I want to do.
.
But ultimately I probably won't follow through as planned and that's ok. I will write and I will take pictures and I'll share them here and there. I'll go to school this semester and focus on a photography project and make art. I'll work with a few brands. I'll be scatterbrained as usual, but I'll still be here, sharing pictures and words with you all.
.
Happy new year, guys. Thanks for hanging around. ;)

++ thoughts on sleep

++ defined

++ mother's day

++ this boy

++ friday thoughts on motherhood

++ shine

++ on being creative

++ harvest

++ loss

.




8 comments :

  1. I love that the posts you chose to summarize 2014 were the one based more on your writing than your photography, not because your pictures aren't SO beautiful, but because you are a fantastic writer too! that "harvest" article was one of my favorites of yours and i've gone through some of the others you listed that i hadn't read and they're really great, as well. your wiriting voice insightful + honest and i can tell that a lot of your observations and perspective are enhanced by your background in photogrpahy (don't you just love how ALL the arts intersect at some point?) anyway, glad that being a part of The Mommy Blogger Collective helped you to push your creativty into other outlets. i hope you will keep at it this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the most thoughtful comment, thanks so much for sharing your feelings about my writing - it was wonderful to read. :) I do love that all of the arts intersect and when it comes down to it, it's all about expressing feelings and viewing the world a little differently. Thanks for reading, friend! <3

      Delete
  2. such a beautiful collections of posts and it's always so, so, so good to hear from you! i hope that 2015 brings you every happiness that you so much deserve. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dena and my hopes are the same for you as well! <3

      Delete
  3. THAT PICTURE!! Is amazing!!

    I've fallen out of the blog world a bit......it's funny because I keep up my blog at least monthly, but when it comes down to reading all the blogs I'd like to, I don't quite keep up as I used to. I go in waves......right now it's just not happening and I don't have a ton to write about on my own blog.......but I'm sure a month will come up sometime where I write a whole bunch :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to hear from you, Sally; thanks for commenting! I certainly go through waves in blogging as well. I think it's a good thing really, I couldn't keep up with posting and commenting all the time!

      Delete
  4. I am totally on the same page as you, I can't decide what I want to do about blogging. However I took a break, and found I missed it, so let's see if I can get back in the swing of things. I love this self-portrait, its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is me all of the time, I take a break and then I go back... Thanks for the compliment on my photo! :)

      Delete

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...